Thursday, December 18, 2008

Joe The Plumber's Ohio Government Snoopstress Resigns


Helen Jones-Kelley, Ohio's Director of Department of Job and Family Services, has quit, along with two others in her department who were involved in digging through Joe the Plumber's confidential information during the election.

I assume this was a resignation in lieu of termination...

Helen Jones-Kelley, the state official placed on unpaid leave for improperly accessing confidential information from state databases on “Joe the Plumber,” has resigned.

Two senior managers at the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services who were involved in the incident also are being ousted, The Dispatch has learned.

In a four-paragraph statement, she said, "it is with sadness and clarity that I have decided to resign...This decision comes after having a time of pause, in which I realize that I continue to be used as a political postscript, providing a distraction from urgent state priorities.
"My professional career, and the legacy of service I have established, has been, and continues to be, far too important for me to allow my reputation and my commitment as a servant leader to be disparaged. I also remain concerned for the safety of my family and myself."


Always the victim, right? Too bad Jones-Kelly didn't show the same consideration or concern for Joe the Plumber's privacy and reputation.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see her wind up working in the Obama administration somewhere, loyal soldier that she is.


No comments: