Friday, January 14, 2011

Maine Governor LePage: NAACP Can 'Kiss My Butt'

http://mdi.villagesoup.com/media/vnm/4/00/262304/t600-lepage.jpg

It's about time someone told these racist swine where to get off.

Newly elected Republican Governor Paul LePage was asked by local CNN affiliate WCSH about criticism he received from the NAACP for refusing to attend an event at the state prison it's sponsoring on behalf of Martin Luther King Day. His response is a real classic:

"They are a special interest. End of story...and I'm not going to be held hostage by special interests. And if they want, they can look at my family picture. My son happens to be black, so they can do whatever they'd like about it."

What happened is that the NAACP wanted to segregate the event, limiting it to black inmates only, and LePage refused to attend unless it was open to all inmates.

"That wasn't acceptable to them," LePage said. "So, tough luck."

Well said sir.


please donate...it helps me write more gooder!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you better rephrase that. He didn't say "tough luck." He said they could "kiss my butt" I'm from Maine and I can't believe that he brought this shame to our state. I'm not knocking the governor for his views, although I disagree, but he certainly could have chosen a more professional way of expressing himself. What kind of role model is he?

Anonymous said...

Your information is incorrect regarding the prison visit. According to Maine State prison officials as reported on WCSH-TV at 7 p.m. on 1/14/11--the request by the NAACP was to visit with all prisoners. The Me. Dept. of Corrections does not consider requests for visits to black prisoners only.

Freedom Fighter said...

Hello Anon 6:15.

According to the CNN report, the governor indeed said 'kiss my butt' and that's exactly what I reported. I think it was well said.

If you think dissing a bunch of racist clowns like the NAACP brought' shame to the state of Maine', I suggest you read the link I provided.It's obvious you didn't vote and never would vote for LePage or any other reasonable politician with an R after his name anyway anyway - assuming you actually live in Maine and are not one of Axelrod's astroturf brigade.

non 6:31, riddle me this. CNN reported that the NAACP wanted a segregated meeting and Governor LePage confirmed it.So its not 'my information'. They both lying?

Or perhaps the NAACP overstepped it bounds by trying to put together a 'blacks only' gathering? Or The DOC is now scrambling and playing catchup since this got publicity?

Regards,
Rob